Thursday, December 21, 2006

Ahlfeld Emerges


First off I would like to introduce everyone to Tittle500, the other main blogger here on Defend The Rock. His first post can be found directly below this one and it's chock full of Hoosier goodness!
--
I'll be honest, during my time in the stands at Assembly Hall I never caught Errek Suhr fever. I fear that the same could probably be said for Adam Ahlfeld

In fact, for all my attention to IU sports, and specifically basketball, I didn't even know Ahlfeld's name for quite some time, he was merely "The Ass Slapper" to me and my friends. You see Adam doesn't really play for IU. He mainly sits on the bench and gets up now and again to cheer his teammates on, usually with plenty of ass slapping to go around.

Recently this article on Ahlfeld appeared on IU's official athletics site, basically providing some backstory for his backside-slapping. And truth be told I started to like the guy, where previously I was merely "meh" on him. Unlike Suhr who has, and continues to come into games, hit a 3, take a charge, etc, Ahlfeld doesn't display those ingame symbols of sparkplugishness (due to lack ot PT), but if his sideline actions really do have an effect on the play of the team, then hey folks, his name is Adam Ahlfeld, not "That ass slapping guy."